Tuesday, August 20, 2013

a weekend celebration!


This weekend was my sweetheart's birthday. He turned thirty two! Not that he is even phased by it. You see he is as calm as it gets. :-) This also makes him very easy to please. Which is great for me. Now someday we'll do it up big and take a great trip or hop on a cruise. But for now a date with his wife, sleeping in, a big breakfast and simple fun with the family suits him just fine. And I love him for it!

So that is just what we did! After he took care of some things on Saturday we decided to go out for an early dinner, pop in the bookstore for a bit (one of our favorite things) and a cup of coffee, and then to a movie. Karina was staying the night with my folks so it all worked out great! 

It was a lovely night and after getting some good sleep he woke up with a craving for the perfect omelet! So we decided to skip church ( not recommending this but every now and then we all need a little stay-cation). Had a very quiet and relaxing morning and just enjoyed each other. 





Jeff got the pool all cleaned up and when I looked out the window this is what I found! :-) I love seeing him relax. He works hard all week long and then comes home to work some more. So when I see him chilling out and enjoying his home it is joy to my soul! 

We took it easy that afternoon. Karina was dropped off later that day and that night we joined up with Jeff's family for a birthday dinner after hitting the bookstore to waste some time. 




We had a really nice time! Living close to his family is really a blessing!! We always have some good laughs! 




Frozen strawberry lemonade and a delicious chicken dinner!! 





Karina just had to get this shirt for her daddy. And be warned now there is a scary number of M&M's ahead. 



Gotta love those faces!! 

And how many M&M's can one man eat?? We'll see!



Sunday night we got some rest. Monday was work as usual for daddy. Karina and I got things done around the house but also were busy making a yummy cookie cake to celebrate one more time on Jeff's actual birthday. 




I made a yummy but simple dinner and then we dressed up a bit and sang Happy birthday to our special guy!! Yeah so Jazz wasn't too excited about our fun little hats but he stuck it out. :-) 











We sure do love this guy!!!! Praising God for his 32 years and praying for many more! 






That night we put our little lady to bed, watched some tv and then he pulled his guitar out and started playing a song he's learning. I love it! 

He used to play it a lot before we got married. I will say I was drawn in by it then and it still sends my heart a flutter when he plays today. 

God has blessed me so much with this man's love. He is all I ever wanted and more. That doesn't mean we don't have our ups and downs. But it does mean we, before we were even here on this earth, were made for each other. I know this because each day I learn from him and am so honored to live this one blessed life with him. God is using us both to make us more like Him and for that I am truly grateful. Oh and yeah he still makes me weak in the knees. :-) 





I love you babe and can't wait to see what other verses God writes in our song! 

No comments: