Thursday, March 7, 2013

changes


A few weeks ago we made a simple change to the deco right outside of our kitchen and I am loving it!! You don't realize all that you have until you start emptying out your stuff from where it's been hidden away. I love having all these things but they do take up some room. My kitchen is not a big one but for being the size it is it does have quite a bit of cupboard space. Still in an effort to make the most of that space I decided we could use some nice open shelving. 

I had seen a lot of different ones but knew I wanted to mix iron and wood and that is just what we did all for $30! I bought the wood at Lowe's for $20 and the brackets at hobby lobby for $2.50 each on their 50% deal. 





I know things are gonna get dusty but nothing a little run through the dishwasher can't handle. :-) and we'll that's just one of the changes going on round here. 

We are in the process of adopting a baby from here in the U.S. and have come to the time where we wait for a call from our case worker letting us know of a birth mother that has seen our profile and would like to meet us. We have had a few calls but none that were a perfect match.

I will say my emotions can get pretty raw just as any pregnant woman's waiting to see her precious baby's face. I know that feeling all to well and have had to give those desires and feelings to the Lord so many times as He worked out his perfect plan though it was not my own.



Saying goodbye to a sweet little one that has grown inside you is a pain I cannot begin to describe. It is a heartache and inner emptiness only the Lord above can heal. But I can honestly say with all my heart that He knows what we need and how to tenderly and graciously care for us even in those times, especially in those times, when we are broken and torn from the inside out emotionally. 

We pray for our baby's birth mom knowing that God is going to bring that healing to her as well if she will trust in Him. We take comfort in the agency we have chosen because they share with every mother that walks through their doors the love of God and the gospel which are one in the same.



We chose after having a few miscarriages and being blessed beyond words with our beautiful little girl to adopt. Why? Well it's not because we have been told we can't have anymore children. Nor is it because we simply want our sweet girl to experience being a sister and for us to know the great joy of having another child. Those are all perfectly good reasons for desiring this road and they are all part of our decision. But ultimately we believe it is God's desire for us to do so. 



We believe His heart is one who cares so deeply for the fatherless and the widow. And as his children He has given us that desire and the means.

"Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world."

James1:27



He knows we are not able to do this on our own. And I know he gives us the strength and grace to do so. He cared so much for us that He was willing to reach down and adopt us into His family when we least deserved it.

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved."
Ephesians 1:3-6



We have been amazed, though in a way we shouldn't be. He is the Lord and knows all and can do all He deems right. He has made it possible for us to raise a lot of support and funds we need to bring this about and we are trusting Him for all we need. He has proven Himself so many times to us. And just today I was remembering all the many blessings He has given to us that we don't deserve.

So as you can see we are preparing a cozy spot for this precious child we are waiting for. It has been a joy for me to sew and paint and decorate as I dream of one day holding, singing to, kissing on this precious baby we are expecting through adoption. 

If I'm going to be honest I have been anxious as we have gone through all of this, but I know that He is bigger then my fears. There is great peace in knowing that He will place us with the child we are, and were always since the beginning of time, meant to be the parents of.

So we will praise Him and serve Him while we wait for this BIG CHANGE! Please pray and trust with us for His will to be done!!

2 comments:

Joyful Toil said...

Beautiful post!! While I was reading this song came to mind. While I'm Waiting by John Waller. Know you have heard it!! This walk will be such a testimony for you and your family. Love you!!

Unknown said...

Thank you for your artful and personal way of showing us how you are preparing for this new time of life. I pray for your process and success, and especially your heart and emotions as you wait and see God working it out.
Debbie Peterson