Monday, January 7, 2013

giving thanks




I know I am really late in posting this but I figured while I'm back tracking I might as well include Novembers happenings as well. So pause with me for a moment if you have the patience to look back at Thanksgiving. Ours started out quiet and sweet. We got up in time to pop in some cinnamon rolls and watch the good old' Macy's parade. I remember doing this growing up and I love that I can share it now with my own precious family.



How cute is this chef?! And he's all mine! And let me tell you the man can smoke a goooood turkey. Our sweet bro and sis in law hosted Thanksgiving for our family this year and it was wonderful! Jeff smoked two turkeys and we all made sides. Funny side note: this was Jeff's first time smoking turkey and we read after doing it and looking for advice on how to keep it hot on Butterballs website that you are NOT to try smoking your first turkey on Thanksgiving! But that is just what he did and God was gracious as it came out delicious!




A precious hand written copy of Jeff's grandmother's corn pudding. Wouldn't feel like   Thanksgiving without it.


Sweet family friends joined us and this guy is too much fun! Yes that is an ice cube shaped like a gun.







My sweet sis in law set a simply lovely table. And I loved her decorations!





If you can't tell I love food yet from all the food pics then I don't know what to tell you. After eating the kids and guys headed outside for playing and guns!









We ended on a sweet note that night. Those sweet little acorns were enjoyed by all and I forgot to take a picture of the yummy sweet potato pies we had too. But even sweeter then that was when Jeff's mom sat down to the piano that used to be her own and is now sweetly situated at her son's home ready to be enjoyed, and it has been, by their family. She played hymn after lovely hymn while us ladies joined her in song. I loved every moment, especially how my sis in law can harmonize! It felt so fitting to end the day praising the One who has given us so much! May he receive the glory, honor and praise everyday for all He is, has done and is doing!!

No comments: