Wednesday, January 30, 2013

callaway gardens pt. 2


Well here it is. The last little bits of our trip to Callaway Gardens. After this I promise to get on to the new year and post our more recent happenings. :-)  

The lights! We were so excited for this night and as we piled into one car the kids were thrilled. And I'm so glad we did. It was so much fun to experience that all together. We all sang along with the songs being piped through the park as you ride along. And we also were busy taking pictures and video. How you may say do you take video and pictures with five kids and two adults smooshed in the back of a mini van? Well it was interesting.

  I will tell you though that more then any of our pictures or video we enjoyed hearing the excitement and joy of the kids as we drove through each display. The ooh's and aaah's were priceless! I captured a few scenes but many of them turned out like this one. So you'll have to go and see for yourself!





We got some treats at the country store before the lights. Man did I enjoy my chocolate truffle!!!





After the lights we headed inside a huge tent filled with every Christmas ornament you could imagine. But first we ran into a very silly snowman. 




Loved these sweet treat ornaments!! But really wanted to buy all of these precious knitted ones!



Then I ran into two very cute and silly elves!



This bear couldn't have been cuter. The girls loved him. And how about all those nutcrackers!!! I have a special place in my heart for these guys having grown up in Germany.




Love this of my girl taking in the manger scene. And then the snowman found the kids for a little more fun!




Saturday was saved for shopping. So after enjoying a really yummy lunch with the family us ladies did just that and had a marvelous time!! The guys? Well they thought it best to head back to the cabin with the kids. Smart very smart!






The kids thought they were so cool sitting up at the bar like this. They sure looked big. Man they are growing up fast! And check out this guy made of forks and spoons!



Love this handsome guy so much!! Still can't believe I was/am blessed with him!



These pretty ladies are such a wonderful gift to me and oh the fun we have had!! And I look forward to so much more!!!




Yes the two of us shared that chocolate piece of heaven! Sisters, sisters, there were never such devoted sisters.... White Christmas is one of my favorites and so is this gal!











It was a really fun time! And a perfect treat for us ladies. 

On our last day before heading out we had to pay one more visit to the country store. Their food was so good and we had some fun shopping too. I found some really cute Christmas dishes that I have really enjoyed using. 







The sweet red teapot and cute green plate are two of the things I found that just had to come home with me. 







It was such a wonderful trip and we couldn't be more thankful. It was so good to get away for a while but also good to come home. The Lord knows just what we need and He has shown us that so many times. This was a sweet reminder of that. 

Here is just a little more of our fun this Christmas season.







I really love gingerbread. Might even have to make some again soon. But I will say that these little houses made from graham crackers were so easy. And the kids loved decorating them. Karina always enjoys cousin time. 













Oh the fun we had and it will be all that again and more I pray as we come into this new year. This month has brought some change for us and we are very excited to see what else God has in store for us as we trust Him to lead the way. So very glad I have a God that loves me even when I have doubts and don't praise Him as I should for all the great blessings He gives me everyday. 

May we live like every day is Christmas and not forget that God's only son came to this earth to live and die for sinners just liked me. He gives forgiveness, freedom, hope and peace to those who believe in Him. No greater love will you ever find!!

No comments: