Tuesday, August 9, 2011

for real?

IMG_3297


Tomorrow marks the day five years ago when this little lovely came into our lives and stole our hearts forever. Well actually the heart part came way before when we knew she was growing inside me as it has with all our sweet babies. I really am asking myself "for real?" (One of Karina's favorite things to say now when she is trying hard to convince me of something. Only she says it with an ! after it.) :) Can it really be that it has been five years?


Part of me can't believe it and then again part of me can. It has been so much fun to love her and watch her grow into the amazing little lady that she is today. I know it is all because of God's amazing grace too. After all she really belongs to Him and He has given us the great honor, though we are so undeserving of it, of raising her and caring for her and pointing her to Him. I can't begin to tell you how many times I fall short of doing those things and yet He continues to allow us this precious joy of being her parents and learning as we go along.


So we will praise Him tomorrow as we sing her birthday song. And we will give Him the glory as we hug her tight. And we will try harder and harder to be the parents He wants us to be as we look to Him to lead us in the way we should go.

IMG_4168

meeting her daddy for the first time

IMG_3388

her first day at church

IMG_3402_2

"are you ready for this fun ride?"

IMG_2070

"let's go on an adventure!"


Oh our precious Karina how blessed we are to have you in our lives!!! Happy Birthday sweet little lady and may you grow in the love of the Lord and all He has for you!! Mommy and Daddy love you so much!



1 comment:

nancygrayce said...

What a blessing she is!