Saturday, July 9, 2011

my cousin maddy

IMG_7263



This last week we had the great blessing of having my wonderful cousin Madison come for a visit. She was able to spend about two weeks here and we enjoyed our time with her so much. She even graced us with her sweet company a few nights in a row at our house. The rest she spent at my mom's.



I can't say enough good things about this beautiful gal. She has a grace about her even at thirteen years old. We celebrated her birthday while she was here with a really fun girl night at my mom's. She is so creative, has a great sense of humor and she loves the Lord. We loved talking about a little bit of everything and even got to spend a little time out just us! She and I went to a fun movie while Karina played at my mom's with her cousins. Thanks again mom!




And of course we went to the beach. A couple times actually and loved it. God blessed us with some beautiful weather too. I am so blessed to know her and have her as family and I hope we get to spend more great times together in the future. Love you Maddy! Thanks for wanting to hang out with us. I loved the movie nights, flower making, beach trips and just being with you! And Karina did too!!



IMG_7297

IMG_7271

IMG_7304

IMG_7309


Yes, I still think it's fun to build sand castles. Everything captures my attention at the beach. The waves rolling up on the sand...



IMG_7354

IMG_7321


If you look closely at the picture above you'll see a little dark speck in the left top that was a dolphin fin. A momma and her baby swam by a few times giving us a little show as they jumped through the water.




I love watching the birds too. Yes, I know they can be annoying especially when they are being fed by beach goers. But they also look pretty neat too.



IMG_7335

IMG_7350

IMG_7284


I love the sky....



IMG_7291


I love the bright colors...



IMG_7220

IMG_7372


I love the shells that no matter how many times we go to the beach always seem like a treasure to collect and admire....



IMG_7249

IMG_7256

IMG_7241


And I LOVE watching these little people admire and explore to their hearts content. We also enjoyed seeing the parasailors go up up and away.



IMG_7226

IMG_7395

IMG_7277

IMG_7218


It was a busy day there but not too busy. I feel so blessed that we can come to a place like this and enjoy God's amazing creation. It puts me in awe everytime.




And then I am quickly taken to a state of silliness as my little lady does this....



IMG_7380

IMG_7379

IMG_7376

So there you have it another amazing day at the beach! And that's all folks!

2 comments:

nancygrayce said...

Madison has grown up so much since I've seen her! Glad you all had a good time and those are some beautiful pictures!

Aunt Dottie said...

Kristi, thanks for sharing...You are so good with words and what a nice Blogspot you have...God Bless You all and ohhh, that Karina is just a beautiful little girl. I love it that you call her your little lady...