Wednesday, December 22, 2010

coming home


Coming home from a trip is always sweet to the soul. Even though our little lady wasn't feeling so well she enjoyed the little gifts we brought home to her. She had never playing dominoes and she loved it. And after eating chinese out over the weekend we thought it would be fun to bring her home some training chop sticks. It was so sweet to hold her close and hear her say over and over again that she missed me. Then we just had a nice slow day at home snuggling to watch some movies and I was able to do some sewing for the table linens I want to use on Christmas day for our big lunch.



Oh and I had to include this sweet little house Karina decorated at a little friends birthday party a couple weeks ago now. Couldn't ya just move in to that little cottage of goodies!

While I sewed Karina got busy with some play dough. She even made me a wonderful little salad for lunch. Wasn't that so sweet of her?!




So I was going to use stitch witchery to make up this table runner and napkins. But after spending too long and not getting very far I decided just ironing and sewing them would be much easier and faster. So I pulled out my Nana's good ol' machine and got to work! I love using her old machine and can only imagine all the wonderful things she made with it. The fabric is some Jeff's grandmother gave to me and that makes it precious too. I love the red and white for Christmas time.





I went out and bought some nice plates and bowls for our nice dinner too. We are so blessed to be hosting Jeff's family this year and I didn't have enough matching plates and bowls for the table. So I was really excited when I found these at Bed Bath and Beyond for a great price. I can hardly wait to set the table and I have a cute little idea for place cards too. I'll be back next week to share some pictures and fun from our Christmas day, but next up is our night out caroling and cookie decorating.

1 comment:

6HartsforHim said...

LOVE the napkins! And I LOVE white dishes! Can't wait to see your pictures from the dinner! Karina is so sweet! Hope you have a blessed Christmas and new year! Love you cousin! ((hugs))