Friday, November 19, 2010

can't wait!!

Tonight is a craft night at my church!! I am hosting along with a team of really great ladies and I am SOOOOOOOO EXCITED! We will be making all kinds of lovely things and these roses are on the list. If you've read my blog you know that I tried my hand at making these oh so pretty roses a few months ago. And I can honestly say (knitting aside) that these are a favorite craft of mine.
The pictures above are of others creations, but I am looking forward to showing the ladies in my church tonight all that you can do with them. It really is a feast for the crafty eyes. I did make my own necklace out of these last night just to try it and I think it came out pretty cute. I'll take a picture of it soon.
The other crafts we will have available to make are earrings (I bought some fabulous beads!!), cards, hair bows, and Christmas ornaments. How fun does that sound right?! I really could not be more excited and it really hasn't been too much work with all the help that I have.
My prayer for tonight would be that we would have a wonderful time just enjoying each other. That God would be glorified seeing us enjoy each other and our bond being in Him. That those who have never tried these different crafts wouldn't be afraid to try (I know it can be intimidating at first). And that all of the ladies could take away from this night that a handmade gift is one of the most special you can give if they do make some for others while making some for themselves.

1 comment:

nancygrayce said...

I can't wait either!!!