Friday, October 15, 2010

knit night

I love to knit!! Anyone that knows me knows this. And so when I get the great opportunity to pass on this love I am so very happy to oblige. A few weeks ago I had the fun of going to a sweet friends house and teaching her daughter and a couple other girls how to knit. They really picked it up rather quickly which is always a blessing. :) My Nana had to teach me at least three or four times before it took.

Here are the precious girls all deep in thought and stitch.





I have quite a bit of yarn so I was happy to bring some that they could choose from. I told them that after they practiced on this yarn they would have so much fun going and picking out some more for a scarf I would start them on next time.

After our fun little lesson and a hair cut or two, :) (I also cut their hair that night.) their kind hearted mom handed me this delicious treat. I wasn't expecting any kind of payment. I so enjoyed just being there that night, but oh to take this yummy apple home was quite the blessing!







Of course I was told by my dear husband that I couldn't possibly eat that alone. And so after our little lady was in bed we sliced it up and savored every bite! It was the best caramel/chocolate apple I've ever had! Thanks again Dawn!!

Well tonight is another craft night with some wonderful ladies that I know. I am really looking forward to it and after cleaning my house today I am ready for a nap. The house smells like brownies and I will rest well knowing all the fun we will have this evening making these and maybe some earrings too!!


No comments: