Tuesday, September 28, 2010

well hello fall!



Oh Fall how I missed you! I have been waiting and dreaming of the day you would arrive and here you are. The touch of coolness in the air is sweet company when you are present. Soon the fireplaces will add their lovely aroma to the air as well. So, welcome dear friend and please stay awhile. I look forward to observing your gorgeous garb that will be along soon in another month or so!!

Can you tell I am just a little excited about Fall being here!? Today has been beautiful to say the least. I woke up to lovely cool temps and opened all the windows to let that wonderful fresh air in. I also had some bananas that were calling to me to make them into some wonderful yummy bread that my sweet Nana used to make for us. And so I did. This was my view as I baked.


As you can see by my dirty window sill that we haven't opened the windows in quite some time.


After fulfilling my baking itch I headed over with Karina to my friend Julie's house to make these!! I was so excited! We had learned how to make these last year and had lots of fun. Last year I made one for myself and two as gifts. This one is for a very precious lady in my life and I can't wait to give it to her!



Julie was getting a good giggle out of something Karina was doing. I love how her table gets covered in crafts whenever I am over.






These are her great little pumpkins she made. She can really crank these out and motivated me to work on them all day too!



I had to take a picture of this one on my new fall quilt. The colors went so well together. It will be hard to part with this sweet pumpkin. :) And check out that stem! Julie had saved hers from her pumpkin last year and let it dry out so she wanted me to have it. We thought I was the perfect finishing touch!



Lovin' my great fall finds from Bed Bath and Beyond!!




I'll end with a picture of all the pumpkins I made today. They really are so much fun to make. I also love the corks that Julie has in abundance because her husband used to collect them. Now he is happy to see them put to use. I think they add such a wonderful vintage touch.



So Happy Fall dear friends!!

3 comments:

nancygrayce said...

I forgot about the pumpkins! I remember you making them last year and they're so pretty! I haven't taken out a single fall thing, but I loved the weather today!

BECKY said...

Oh Kris! Your pumpkins are so cute! How fun to get together with your friends and make some! Love the corks for the stems, too!
Happy Fall!
Love ya,
Aunt Becky

caknitter said...

The pumpkins add the perfect touch to any fall decor. Great craft idea. :-)