Friday, July 23, 2010

taking the plunge!

I would like to introduce you to my little fish. Her name is Karina and she has literally come leaps and bounds with her swimming this week as you will see in the following pictures. Jeff and I had talked about putting her in swim lessons somewhere. Then we found a book that I was given awhile back. The lady that had written it was a Red Cross Certified swim instructor. So we both got in our heads that I could probably teach her on my own.
Well after the first two lessons I had given her she started doing this!







It is amazing to me how quickly they learn if you let them go at their own pace. I know all kids are different, but I truly thought it would take us a little longer to get to this point. As you can see she is mighty proud of herself!!

Then it came to jumping, which she used to not want to do even when her cousins were.
This was all new yesterday and by the end of our time there she was jumping off the diving board!!


I now have to watch her like a hawk! She really is so brave and as proud as I am of her we still have a lot to learn. But I love watching her make a splash! And I really think the rest of our lessons are going to go just great with where we are now. I praise the Lord for giving me the motivation to teach her and her the desire to learn! It really is so rewarding! We even went out and bought her some neat goggles to have some fun with.

Oh and her daddy was so proud of her for swimming for the first time that he took us for ice cream to celebrate! Now for some swim time with daddy so that he can see his little fish in action!
And a big huge thank you to Em who took all the pictures for me!!!

3 comments:

nancygrayce said...

She is just so precious! And yes, she is brave! AND I love how your camera takes continuous pictures....I guess I'll have to tell hubby o.k. for a new camera!

Wendy said...

You've got some great pictures there. I love seeing how big and mature Karina is getting. She looks like a real sweetie.

caknitter said...

Congratulations to Karina! She is definitely fearless. And, of course congrats to Mom and Dad for instilling such confidence in Karina. :-)