Tuesday, June 8, 2010

some

Some of my big likes lately....

I haven't made these in quite a while and I really do like them. They are tuna cakes with fresh made mango salsa. A lovely way to end the day especially when my man and little lady really like them too. They are pretty fast and in the time it takes to cook the corn and whip up some slaw they are done. YUM!

We enjoyed a great day at my mom's. She never ceases to bless me so and today was just that. A blessing. She is always an encouragement, a beautiful example of God's love toward others. And even when she is discouraged and in need of encouragement herself it only makes her that much more lovable and because she's real.

Well today after being at her house for less then thirty minutes we decided to hop in the car together with the kids and run over to a little thrift store down the street from her. The store is called Good Cents. And I think that not only applies to the fabulous things you can find in there if you just look but also to what the people have that shop there. :) It is pretty much a shop filled with bins that you have to search through. But man if you take the time to look you can really find some great things.

Today I came away with this pretty pink top and shoes. And just check out how perfectly the shoes go with it!! I couldn't have been more excited.

Then I came across this light and airy white shirt that will be perfect for the beach and when I am ready to cover my shoulders after getting some sun. But it could also be used to dress up some jeans.


I love the detailing and if you could only feel the fabric. OH SO SOFT!

I also was able to pick up a few pairs of great pants for Karina as well as maybe five little toys that she picked out. It really is a fun place for kids to sift through too. So we had a fun time and when we added it all up it only came to $6! Told you you could hit some deals. And really pay "cents" for most of what you get. I REALLY like that!!

We all worked up an appetite and headed to mom's again for lunch and play time. We just so enjoyed ourselves and I came home this afternoon to a very clean house. The day before I had worked like crazy doing all kinds of chores. It's always worth it, but MAN I HATE scrubbing my shower. :)

This is a sweet treat I never shared with you but I received it back on Mother's Day from my dear mother in law. It is also one of my "likes". It does a great job of holding all my knitting projects and it so light weight that I just grab it and take it where ever I decide to plant myself for some relax time and the music of clicking needles.

It is so roomy and I love the pink and polka dots. You can even wash the fabric part and it all collapses into a nice little shape for packing away.

Some sweet little baby gifts I am working on, but you know how much I like doing those. :)

really liking the BIG purple K!!

Another one of my great likes lately are these wonderful beads. They are made far away in Uganda and proceeds go to a great ministry. Can you believe they are only made of paper? I know amazing right? Well I now have four lovely strands and am so privileged to wear something made by the precious hands of the Ugandan women.

Check out that great detail!

Fresh mowed grass is another thing I really like. Even if it is mixed with multiple weeds. It's green.


Fresh basil and mint growing in a big pot right outside my back door is pretty great too. I think the bugs would agree with me since something has been munching away on a few of the leaves here and there. But as long as they leave plenty for me it's fine.

Hope you all are enjoying some of the things you like too and I hope you had a great day. Get some rest. Tomorrow is another great gift from God above just waiting to be opened and enjoyed!

No comments: