Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Fun!





Last Friday my sweet sister and her kids came over to have some lunch and cookie making fun with us.




The kids really enjoyed taking their time to make their cookies just right.





I had made some gingerbread dough up awhile back and had some left over from another cookie making time at our house. So it was really nice to just pull that out of the freezer.





The kids helped cut them out, I baked them and they decorated them, but after that they didn't last very long before each kid had taken a bite of theirs. :) I did manage to get some quick pictures before they ate them.












They were so proud of the job they did! Notice my child only wanted to suck down the frosting?






Family love? chokehold style. :)

That's better :)


My sis and I also had some fun decorating once the kids were done and down from the table. She brought the letter cutters to spell out LOVE and I thought it was too cute!



We had such a great time and decided to make this a yearly thing. Actually we were trying to figure out how we could do it every month! :) We just love this gingerbread recipe!! So next month might just be some four leaf clovers. Maybe some crosses for Easter. The letters MOM for mother's day? Oh man we could go nuts! Hope ya'll are havin' some "sweet" times too.

6 comments:

Madison said...

STOP IT KRISTIE YOUR MAKING ME SICK! I wish I was there! That looks like so much fun! We were in Marianna last weekend, cause my dad was hunting, and we called your parents, and asked them what they were doing, but of course they went to Ft. Walton!LOL If you didn't have plans, we should of met up somewhere, or SOMETHING! Instead, the hole time we were stuck at the hotel! Well we did go to a couple of stores but STILL!LOL

6HartsforHim said...

Kris,
those are such "sweet" pictures!;)Love the sweet display of affection from Joseph,made me laugh out loud! :)Love you guys!

martha - caknitter said...

Awe, how sweet. There's nothing that says love like a nice chokehold...I agree, Kristie.
The kids look adorable in their monogrammed aprons, so cute. :-)
Happy Valentine's Day!

Heather said...

these look delicious! The LOVE ones were so pretty!

Tam said...

So cute nuna!! love the one with karina sucking the iceing!! and the other pics too! love natalie

6HartsforHim said...

Hey Cuz!
Just wanted to let you know I've awarded you with the "Happy 101 Award"! Thank you SO much for making me SO happy!
http://bethanyhartman.com/blog/happy-award