Sunday, June 21, 2009

cool daddy!

Here is our Father's Day weekend in pictures.....




















I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. As you can see ours was full of fun, refreshing and relaxing moments. The sprinkler fun was on Saturday and man was it a hot one. I had gotten up and decided to mow the yard so that Jeff could enjoy some sweet time with Karina in the morning. So once I was done they were ready to head outside and enjoy the day.
Then today we had some surprises for Daddy when he woke up and before we were off to church. Karina had painted this mug for him a few weeks ago at a little pottery place we went to with some friends. (More pics from that later since I was waiting till after today to show the mug.) And I had fun making him a photo album on http://www.winkflash.com/ with all our honeymoon pictures that I had never done anything with these last four years.
He really loved both of our gifts. Then it was time to head to church and man did our pastor give a great sermon. The first part was completely directed towards father's. The next half was on Jesus words in John 13 about loving others as he has loved us.
"My children, I will be with you only a little longer. You will look for me, and just as I told the Jews, so I tell you now: Where I am going, you cannot come.
A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."
To me this all fit together so very well with the love that father's have for their children and what they hope for their children to do as they are training them. Jeff has not only been such an example to me of how to love the Lord and others and in doing so showing that he belongs to the Lord. He has also been such a loving and caring father to our little girl. He takes the time to explain and train her in the ways of the Lord and this blesses me to no end. I know that as Karina grows she will never question whether her daddy loves the Lord and her as well.
So thank you Father for allowing me to be a part of this amazing man's life, to watch him be a sweet daddy to our little girl. Thank you for my own dad and Jeff's and the fathers that they are and have been. Thank you for making my two brother's such precious father's as well and I pray that you would bless them greatly as they look to you in this awesome responsibility. But most of all thank you for being my Father God and making me and my dear husband your own. Words just can't express my gratitude!

2 comments:

BECKY said...

Hi Kris!! Did he absolutely love his photo album?? I know he did!!

Your photos are always so neat!!
Glad Father's Day went so well.

Have a great week, sweetie!
Love,
Aunt Becky

Kim said...

Beautiful pictures and such sweet posts. I enjoy reading your blog.