Thursday, February 5, 2009

Ready, Set, Gooooooooo!!

Can you tell my little lady is ready for a wonderful vacation in the mountains? I haven't been able to get the tune of "we have figured out Blue's Clues" out of my head but with the words, " I am going on vacation!" That's for all you mom's out there that have sat through that show just to find you are singing it to yourself. Anyone else do that? Please say yes!
Anyway, we are so excited to be going on a great trip with my sweet and precious sister and her family. They were so very kind and generous to ask us and we took them up on it right away. So soon I will be cozy by the fireplace in a quaint log cabin in the mountains soaking up some quality time with some of my favorite people. How terrific is that!? I am ready for a retreat from everything and God's timing is so perfect.
Karina also got a sweet deal out of it because we decided to buy her a DVD player for the car. She has already tested it out and given her approval. As you can see below. So the six or seven hour, or however long it ends up being, trip will be a lot more pleasant I'm sure.


I know we will have an amazing time, not only eating up the time we have in this sweet family's company, but also the great majesty and beauty of all that surrounds us. This will be Karina's first time seeing the snow and she couldn't be more thrilled. Of course it will be even more fun that she gets to experience it all with some of her best buddies, her cousins! So we will be back and with pictures galore I'm sure. Have a great weekend everyone and stay warm!

3 comments:

Counting Your Blessings said...

Have a wonderful trip!!!! Thank you for you comments about my blog entry - I will be praying for you and your family. Use this time to relax, enjoy and share with your little one the wonders of God and all His creation as you will be surrounded by them. He is great and mighty. Take care -Mr Blessings

Martha in California said...

Have a safe and great vacation!

BrandonandBethanyHartman said...

Praying for a safe trip for all of you! What fun! Next time you guys can come here,we have about two feet of snow on the ground :).Love you much!!