Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas everyone!

I know it has been awhile since I have been on here to share with you, but things have been busy and I have been just enjoying being with great friends and family. Then there are the crafty gifts I decided to make too late, but I'm hoping somehow I will get them done. They are for very special people in my life so it is all very worth it and what is a gift really if it doesn't cost us something in the way of love and labor. So I hope you all have those people you love close by in these sweet days and remember each one is a gift God has given! Here is a little (long) poem I wrote up the other day when I woke up and couldn't stop the rhyming in my head. :)
*********************
On this Christmas
As I sit so comfortably and admire our tree,
I think of the great price that was paid for me.
The life and death of God's own precious Son,
And the victory over sin and death he has won.
The wooden trough where he first laid His sweet head,
reminds me to not be prideful but humble instead.
The wood that He worked hard to craft with His "dad",
Reminds me to work hard with my hands and in it be glad.
The wooden boats He rode in as His disciples he did teach,
Reminds me to spread His words and nothing is beyond His reach.
But most of all of I remember the tree on which He did hang,
Baring my guilt, my sin and my shame.
That I may have life and find freedom from sin,
As each day my Lord makes me more and more like Him.
So as you sit and gaze at your tree,
Do you know this great love we so desperately need?
If not I pray you will for one day will come,
When God will join to Himself only those who know and love his Son.
Dear friends on this Christmas I pray for all of you,
And if you know this great love I rejoice with you too!
For the reason for Christmas that began with a sweet little boy,
Is our comfort, our peace, our hope, and our JOY!

Love to you all and a Very Merry Christmas!!

1 comment:

martha in california said...

What a beautiful picture and lovely poem to match.
I want to wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family. Thank you for sharing your photos and kind words with us, here in blogland.