Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Gifts of love....

"If you then..know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!" Matt. 7:11
Happy days after Christmas to everyone!! I hope you all have been enjoying sweet and precious time with your friends and family. I believe that is one of the many gifts God gives to us on a yearly, for some of us weekly, basis and may we never take that for granted. It is also a joy to give gifts to our family and children as we gather with each other to spend some special time together. This Christmas at our house was very low key. We were happy and blessed to get our little Karina some fun things we knew she would enjoy and our family time before a rather busy day was precious to me.

We woke up and enjoyed watching her glee as she unwrapped our surprises for her. Then we dug into some yummy cinnamon rolls. That is after we sang happy birthday to Jesus with candles in our rolls ( a fun suggestion from my sister in law ). Though Karina might have requested it anyway for when I got her out of bed and told her that it was HIS birthday she immediately said to me, " We can sing and blow out the candles?" So that is just what we did.






This last little gift was a puppy that makes sounds and moves a little for our sweet animal lover!

*********
Then we were off to my in laws house to celebrate with them. We all had a great time watching each other open our gifts to them. Then we ate a wonderful meal and enjoyed relaxing with each other. Though when a Wii is one of the gifts given some decided to stand and play while others of us watched. :)





My sister in law made these adorable plates with our girls silhouettes on them to go with the one of her son she made last year.

These are some handmade pillows I made with some of Jeff's grandmothers old buttons. Some of which belonged to her mother. That was really special to me and so I thought it would be neat to make these for them both. I was very happy with how they turned out but man was it some hard work. It was all worth the looks on their faces as they opened them up.



This is a fun shot of the boys, well Karina too, opening some fun toys. You would have thought it was for Karina with how into them she was. She is a gadget person like her dad.
And here is where the boys became ten again. I know they will have a great time with this. Thank you again mom and dad for such a generous gift.

And thank you for the wonderful meal.

Some of the yummy sweets we enjoyed. I LOVE this candy!!

*********

Christmas night we went to my folks for some wonderful breakfast for dinner. We also had a great time acting out the Christmas story. As you can see all the cousins and even the dad's joined in the fun. I was busy taking pictures but did have a wise man crown on. Oh and Karina decided to play and watch so I am hoping she is more into it next year as she will understand the story more.

Then my mom had things for the kids to make. One was a scene of the manger they could add stickers too . And one was a little snow globe with the manger scene in it. They all had a great time and it was a great way to end our day.

I had to add a couple pictures of my niece and nephew that I am so thrilled to have close by so that I can give them lots of hugs and kisses. I didn't get good picture of their big sister, but I will share hers another time.

********
This is a fun night we had a week before Christmas when we met at my sisters house to go caroling in the back of my dad's truck. Then we went on to my mom's house to decorate gingerbread cookies. It has become a tradition for the last few years and I hope we continue even as the family grows and we no longer fit in the one truck.



Jeff had some cuddle time with my parents new puppy, Biscotti.


Well that is our December fun. I can't believe that tomorrow is the last day of the year. We have plans to spend time with family and to welcome in the New Year with hope and trust in God to lead us as we look to Him in all we do. We pray you do the same. And Happy New Year to you!!!

1 comment:

nancygrayce said...

Now that puppy has some blue eyes! What kind is he or she maybe??