Friday, November 14, 2008

We're having a baby!!

This is going to have to be short because I am VERY tired, but I guess that news goes along with announcing that we are going to have a baby!!!! Yes, Jeff and I found out a month ago that we are expecting a new and wonderful little blessing and the baby is due to arrive June 13, as much as you can trust in a due date. Hehehehe. We are so very excited and and joyous. God sure has perfect timing too for Jeff will be graduating from college next July. It will be so wonderful to have him home more. Karina will almost be three and I'm sure she will be quite the little mommy. I am also very thrilled that, Lord willing, we will be able to make it to our big family reunion in July.

I know that picture won't look like a baby to most of you, but if you can tell the head is on the left and the hands and feet are sticking out a little to the right. The baby started to wiggle a little when we were looking at it and it was so very neat to see this little life moving inside of me though I can't feel it yet. Our appointment went really well and rather quick since I didn't have many questions. Our doctor said everything looks great and he will see us next month. I remember being so thrilled at each and every appointment when I was pregnant with Karina and I know this one will be just the same. It is such a special treat to hear that sweet little heart beating!! God is so amazing!!

I am actually feeling really good at almost 10 weeks along so that is a praise! I sure do enjoy those afternoon naps that my little lady takes though and am ready to go to bed a little earlier every night too.
Karina was so cute looking at the pictures for the first time and I am sure she really didn't know what to make of this little thing I was calling a baby. For I know it didn't look like her cute little baby doll she has here at home. A big thanks to Auntie Em again for keeping her that day. Here are a couple pics my sister in law took when I got back from the appointment.



I hope you all are doing well and finding joy in all the little things as this year draws to a close. Don't forget to shower those you love with love and don't go too crazy in this holiday season. Yes, it is here. :) I'll write again real soon.


8 comments:

Tammy said...

We are soooo excited for you, Jeff, and Karina... and US (Natalie is standing right by me reading every word as I type and when I typed "Us" she said, "We're not having a baby - why are you excited for us?" To that I say (she's still reading out loud every word)that we can't wait to meet our new (I hadn't typed the next word and she says,"Cousin!"
There ya go - she proved her own excitement! :) Hope this comment makes sense. I love you so much Kris!

BrandonandBethanyHartman said...

Might I just say CONGRATS! How exciting to have another Allen Clan member at Reunion! Though,I would totally understand if you could not make it.;)Much,Much,Much,Love!!!!!And prayers for you all!((hugs))~Bethany

Amy Middleton said...

YAY! Congrats, that is so exciting!!! Can't wait to find out if it's a boy or girl! What do you think? We're so happy for ya'll!

nancygrayce said...

Now that is a beautiful baby! I could tell right away it was a baby and I can't always. I'm so excited for you and your entire family!!

martha said...

Congratulations, Kristie!!
I'm so happy for you and your family. It's what you were hoping for... a second little blessing from God.

Rebecca said...

Congratulations- we absolutely LOVE the hat you knitted for our daughter- I cant wait for her to wear it- only 2 more weeks! hope your feeling well!

Goodlikeamedicine said...

I know I've written already, but I don't want to miss out on the blog comments of happiness! :) I'm so excited for you guys!

You definitely have the "glow" going on! :)

Hope said...

Yayyyyy!!!! Congratulations to you!!! how exciting!