Thursday, September 18, 2008

piles of pear preserves!

Well I tried my hand at some preserves and I must say that it went well. There is something fulfilling about canning fruits and veggies that gives you a sense of fulfillment. That is until you read the recipe that says put in TONS of sugar. Oh well, I did it anyway, though I did cut out some of the sugar and it was fun!





These pears also made a wonderful cobbler that I was able to share with my family and friends and since this picture was taken I have canned 9 jars all together. I think I will give some away as gifts and store the others for some yummy warm pears over vanilla ice cream or maybe another cobbler to celebrate when the cool weather arrives. Whatever it is I know it will be yummy so maybe I'll be giving you a call to come and join me for some coffee (Tyler hehehe) and cobbler soon. How do you celebrate the arrival of autumn?

2 comments:

Goodlikeamedicine said...

I have really enjoyed catching up with you reading several posts this morning. Those preserves look yummy! Let me know how they do out of the jar! I'd love to can some (strawberry next year - yum), too! :) Thank you for your prayers! We are doing fine and getting stronger every day!

emily said...

i celebrate the arrival of autumn by going to my wonderful sister-in-law's house for coffee and cobbler! :) heehee. and just reading the word "cobbler" made me think of that pumpkin cobbler i made last year.... oh fall, come quickly!!! :)