Tuesday, March 11, 2008

My latest sewing project

Here is my latest sewing project brought on by a huge dislike for the vertical blinds that hung at our back sliding glass door. After looking at a bunch of different curtains in the store and asking my husband his opinion we figured out that we both wanted different things. He likes plain and subtle colors while I like bold and vibrant prints. So not only in an effort to please him but also to save money I checked out the dollar-a-yard fabric at Walmart and found this great cream drapery weight fabric. Then for a little more money per yard I found the print that I LOVE for the bottom part you see. So it came together to please us both and I am so happy he wanted the blinds gone too. It really softens this room and makes it all that more inviting. Not to mention it is so much easier to get out the door since we don't have to lean over the chair to crank the blinds open. So praise God for ten dollar curtains and a feeling of accomplishment after trying to be wise with our money!

2 comments:

Goodlikeamedicine said...

Oh, LOVE it!!! Great - that's what I want to do if/ when we move into an apartment because I know we will probably have those yucky vertical blinds! I'm a huge fan of the fat stripe at the bottom, you know!! Great job!

Anonymous said...

I love the curtains Kristie!It's so true about saving money making curtains yourself.I have made all of the curtains for our house,for a fraction of what it would cost to purchase them in a retail store!Way to go being a good penny pincher!Luv ya!~Bethany