Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everyone!! I can hardly believe it is 2008! 2007 was so very blessed and we can only imagine what the Lord has for us in this new year. Jeff and I went for a walk this afternoon. It was a beautiful New Years Day. And while we walked we talked about things we were thankful for and things we'd like to work on. As I enjoyed the fresh, crisp air and I watched our little girl walking hand in hand with her daddy I thought about how blessed I am to be married to this man that wants to provide for our family, that loves me and his daughter with all his heart and has a desire to serve the Lord and in that moment I realized I have all I need. All the projects in our heads for the house, all the places we'd like to see, all the meaningless things we could purchase fall away as I ponder the great blessings I have. The verse "..Godliness with contentment is great gain.." brings peace to my heart. And I pray it can be true in my life and yours as we greet the coming year looking to the Lord for all we need.
This picture was taken this last Saturday when Karina and I went with Jeff's mom, Glenda, to take a stroll through the mall. I was hoping Karina would enjoy taking a ride on the little cars they have there and she did. We had a very nice time, while sipping our Starbucks we'd picked up on the way, we watched Karina ride the ice cream truck, choo choo train and motor car. Then we walked the rest of the mall just stopping in Linen's 'n' Things where I got the cutest little candy dish in the shape of a little present. I love it! And for $2.50 it was a good buy. All their Christmas stuff was on sale and I could have easily gotten more, but I held back. So anyway, just thought I'd share this cute pic.

I have read a few blogs where people have said that they are glad to take down all the Christmas decorations and get back to normal and I've always been kinda sad when we've packed things away. But this year I must say that I am looking forward to it too. It has been wonderful and the parties have been grand, but I have learned to like change. That must be why I rearranged my room last week while Jeff was at work. :) There is something about it that is refreshing. That might sound silly but I don't know how else to describe it. So I will end this post here before I bore you anymore and hope you all have a great week and are enjoying the quietness in your homes as you think about all your blessings. :)

2 comments:

nancygrayce said...

Hey, pics of the rearranged house please!

MaC said...

Happy New Year, Kristie! It's great that you had a wonderful New Year with your family. I like rearranging things as well, it's fun and brings new life to things. Thank you for sharing pictures of your darling little girl, she is so sweet looking. Have a wonderful week.