Wednesday, November 21, 2007

baby gifts!


Here are a few little gifts I've made lately. These are all for my sisters' baby Claire. It was so much fun to make up these things for her and I know she will make good use of them. I also made a sweet little blanket, but didn't get a picture of it before I gave it to her. This was the first time I made one of these cute little bears. I got the pattern from a good friend and thought I'd try my hand at it. It was so easy and cheap too. The pillow was easy too and I used my handy dandy embroidery machine to put her name on it. I still can't believe I have one of those machines. That and my sewing machine and knitting keep me quite busy. I have some material that I am going to use for some new curtains for my bedroom. I got it for a dollar a yard and I really like it. The material I used for the pillow and bear were also a dollar a yard. Gotta love that cheap fabric!! I had so much fun making another sweet gift for another niece of mine lately for her 1st birthday. I had made her a really sweet cupcake hat and thought what better to go with it then some little toy cupcakes. I bought her a little tea set and then got an idea at the last minute to take some fabric that I had and make her a little apron. I can hardly wait to get the pictures from my sister in law of little Caroline's birthday so you can all see. So more to come really soon. Till then have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

emily said...

i will email you the pictures of the cupcakes soon.... so sorry..... they are simply adorable. you are such a precious aunt to my children!!!!!! you are so helpful and giving, not to mention a TON OF FUN for them!! i look forward to feasting and thanking God with you tomorrow around our family's table...