Thursday, October 4, 2007

Calling all pizza lovers!

I must say that I think pizza is definitely one of my very favorite foods. It's comforting and oh so tasty and what could be more simple then bread, sauce and cheese! Well I tried my hand at some homemade pizza dough the other night and it actually turned out pretty tasty. I do recommend cooking your raw dough ten minutes and then add the topping for another ten minutes in the oven. It was kinda soft in the middle because I didn't think to do that, but oh the smell and taste of fresh dough cooking in my oven was so rewarding. Yes it does take time. I let the dough rise for an hour, but it was so worth it. It even passed Jeff's taste test! That was my goal. :) I am wanting to experiment some more with fresh baked bread, but I know I will have to be careful because I will want to eat it ALL! So far Publix bakery has been great at offering so many wonderful breads that I hadn't even thought of doing my own much. But I will post my first try at a loaf so you can all see if I passed or failed. I used to make it all the time when I lived at home with my folks and actually became pretty quick at putting it together. I really want to try making some bread bowls for all those nights of soup in the cooler months. Maybe I can even get my husband to eat soup that way! We'll see.

2 comments:

nancygrayce said...

I had a breadmaking phase but it has been so long ago that I can hardly remember! :) Your pizza looks sooo yummy!

Anonymous said...

If your husband is anything like mine when it comes to food.... good luck!! Jamie doesnt eat red sauce... so its been MONTHS since I had pizza..... Good luck with your bread!!

-Bridget