Wednesday, September 26, 2007

pondering a patio...

Yes, I am dreaming of a patio these days. Jeff and I had talked about pouring one out in our big back yard, but had always talked about it doing it next Spring. Well the other night when we were just sitting around relaxing he pulls out his pencil and paper and I know he's up to something. So I asked and he said he was planning the patio and is thinking he would like to go ahead and do it this Fall. Well you can only imagine how crazy excited I got just thinking about it. And if you don't know already our back yard IS huge, but it also has weeds galore and many red ants that I am not so thrilled about. Also anything that reduces the amount of grass(weeds) we have to mow and water and keeps us safe from the ants is a good thing in my mind. This will be so very nice because we will now be able to dine outside in the cooler months and to top it all off Jeff wants to build it to include a fire pit!! How fun does it sound to sit around a cozy fire when there is once again a nip in the air and roast some marshmallows and make s'mores!! Or to sit and listen to my sweet husband play his guitar which he has not done for me in quite some time! But most of all to be able to get a group of friends and family together to share it with is what I play over in my mind. So know that when the job is done you all are welcome to come and share it with us. Can't wait to make some coffee, hot cocoa, tea and cookies and enjoy that first fire outside!

1 comment:

nancygrayce said...

Sounds great! And I really like the idea of reducing mowing area! :)